Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’ – do remember we are here to assist and help you through the entire visa application process but are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category.
Since our work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Consulate.

Social Visit

Business Visit




Travel Medical Insurance

Get the peace of mind you need on your travels, with insurance made simple for more.

Type of Visa

Visas can be categorized in two broad categories namely:

Visa without reference is visa approved by the High Commission of Malaysia/ Consulate General of Malaysia for social, tourist or business visits.

Visa with reference is approved by the Immigration Department of Malaysia or the Ministry of Home Affairs for the purpose of working, studying or social visits for a stay more than the allowed period under visa without reference.


Mandatory Quarantine & LOU Form

Apply Malaysia Visa in Nepal

Visa Application Process

Complete your visa application form and affix your photograph. You may download the form here.
Ensure photos are as per specifications.
Attach all supporting documents required as per checklist. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
Submit your application at the MTIVA Centre in Kathmandu along with the applicable fees in cash and Demand Draft as applicable.
Track your application online.
Collect your passport from the MTIVA Centre or wait for courier delivery.

Apply Malaysia Visa in Nepal

Passport Collection Procedure

Retrieving your passport in person

If you are retrieving your passport in person, you must bring the below documents with you:-

  1. The original acknowledgment slips were provided to you by MTIVA when you have deposited your application at the MTIVA.
  2. Your original national ID card or other official proof of identification containing a photograph.
  3. A copy of your photographic ID.

Using a representative/travel agent

If you plan to use a representative/travel agent to collect your passport on your behalf:-

  1. The original acknowledgment slips were provided to you by MTIVA when you deposited your application at the MTIVA.
  2. You are requested to provide individual authorization letters, signed by the respective applicants.
  3. Representative original National ID card or other official proof of identification containing a photograph.
  4. A copy of your representative photographic ID.

Other related information for Malaysia Visa

Frequently asked questions

The Department has a special counter for the elderly, disabled and pregnant mothers. For those with special needs (disabled), they must obtain certification from the Social Welfare Department or a letter from any Government Hospital physician.

Yes. The husband / wife is allowed to work without having to change the Long-Term Social Visit Pass to the Dependant’s Pass on condition that he/she has received approval of work authorisation from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

Foreigners who wish to seek treatment at Government Hospitals or Specialist Hospitals can enjoy the Extended Social Visit Pass on a 6 month to 6 month basis.

Children of Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply for extension of the Social Visit Pass on a 6 month to 6 month basis.

Entry Permit holders must apply for entry permit confirmation notice at the State Immigration Office.

Your wife can apply for the entry permit if she has lived with you in Malaysia on the Social Visit Pass (Social) for a period of five (5) years. To apply for the Entry Permit, she will need to submit the following documents:

  1. Form Imm.4
  2. 3 copies of the applicant’s photograph (wife)
  3. 1 photograph of the husband (the sponsor)
  4. 1 copy of the marriage certificate
  5. 1 copy of the applicant’s passport (wife) that has been used since her entry into Malaysia
  6. 1 copy of the husband’s passport if married abroad
  7. 1 copy of the husband’s identity card, birth certificate and certificate of citizenship(if applicable)
  8. 1 copy of the child’s (if any) birth certificate / passport / travel document
  9. 1 copy of the marriage certificate from the country of origin (if applicable)
  10. 1 wedding photograph
  11. 1 family photograph
  12. Wedding invitation card

Approval of the Entry Permit is under the jurisdiction of the Government of Malaysia and awarded to foreigners who are eligible to apply. The approval process is not tied to a particular period.

The Entry Permit is a document (Imm.5) issued under Section 4, of the Immigration Regulations 1959/63. The Entry Permit allows one to enter and live without limits in Malaysia and is the status of PermanentResidence. Having gained the entry permit, your wife can apply for an identification card at the National Registration Department (NRD).